Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Felt Faces

This activity is also from 350+ Free Activities for Toddlers.

You'll need:
  • Pieces of felt - different colours
  • scissors
  • cardboard
  • glue (gluestick worked well)
Cut out a piece of cardboard in the shape of a face. Trace around this shape onto a piece of felt. Cut out the felt and glue it onto the cardboard. Then cut out a variety of different facial features (eyes, eyebrows, lips, nose etc) from different coloured pieces of felt. 

This activity can then be placed into a resealable bag and then used to take out and about in your "busy bag".





I think I made the mistake of trying to do the cutting out while Biscuit was with me. At one point I turned my back and found her with the very sharp scissors wide open and resting against her chin! Anyway, once the pieces were done, we had to go out, so we only really got to play with them today.

Mixed results...
 


I mean, there's really only so many times you can pile all the features simultaneously onto the face before you get sick of it!

Maybe she's just a wee bit young for this one? I'm going to give it 3 stars, but I can see that maybe in a year's time this has the potential to be a 4 star activity!

No comments:

Post a Comment