Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Ice Cube Melts

This idea is also from 350+ Free Activities for Toddlers

Basically, you make ice cubes in 3 colours: red, blue and yellow, using food colouring in 3 separate bowls of water. Then you grab 3 resealable plastic bags, and put
  • 1 red and 1 blue in one bag
  • 1 red and 1 yellow in one bag
  • 1 yellow and 1 blue in one bag
That's pretty much the whole thing. Then you give the bags to your toddler and let them play with the ice cubes and watch the colours merge as the ice cubes melt.

I think perhaps we timed this one poorly....

You can see here, I have just placed the bags in front of her on the highchair tray, immediately after lunch.
She is immediately trying to extricate herself from the chair...



Here is my husband bowing to pressure and removing her from the highchair, icecubes entirely ignored.


I think I have to give this 2 stars. I'm sure it would have been a better activity, but timing was definitely off in this case!

I enjoyed playing with them, anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment