Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Slime!!

Feeling brave, I decided to try an activity that I saw a friend's son having fun with on facebook.


Ingredients:
  • cornflour
  • sugar
  • food colouring (2 or more colours - I used blue and yellow)
I didn't measure this or anything. I just whacked some cornflour into a bowl, added a spoon of sugar and some water, realised the sugar somehow changed the composition of the slime, added more cornflour until eventually I had a slimy paste. Then I divided the mixture into 2 bowls, and dyed them different colours.



Then gave it to my toddler on a highchair tray (Maybe on a plastic tablecloth on the floor could also work?) and watched the fun begin!


Waiting for the fun to start....



In hindsight, I really should have fully unfolded the tablecloth. I think the best way to protect the kitchen would've been plastic sheeting stapled to the walls....


Yumm! (Yes, she does have a black eye! An adverse combination of a sleeping bag, slippery couch and a glass coffee table resulted in one sore and unhappy Biscuit last night.) 


 Wooooooah.....



"Mummy! Up!" 
(hmmm... not right now, thanks)

This was a really great fun activity. One of the (? few) perks of living in PNG is that if your child makes a mess at 9am, the lovely housekeeper will be along at around 11 to clean things up for you. Score! 
(I am so untidy, this is what I've been waiting for my entire adult life)

Still, we decided to help out just a bit....


 Biscuit and I give this activity 4 stars!

No comments:

Post a Comment